Why Hire a Lawyer for Probate?
Probate Attorney in Los Angeles
Many times, the first and foremost reason to hire an experienced Los Angeles probate lawyer is that the
laws regarding probate are complex and can be difficult to understand. The last thing that an individual may want to face when a loved one has passed on is how to handle their estate. In the firm of Kerendian & Associates, Inc., we work hard to make the process straightforward, predicting and resolving the situations which can arise.
We want you to know that the fees to compensate attorneys in probate actions are set by state statutes. They are based on a percentage of the assessed value of the estate and only in very complex cases will the court order a higher fee to be paid. Probate is intended to be a procedure in which all claims against the estate of a deceased can be satisfied and through which the person's property can be properly distributed. To ensure it works smoothly and to resolve the inevitable bumps in the road, it is best to retain a probate attorney.
Where does it run into trouble?
Common areas where probate can become difficult are:
- A will was not left by the deceased
- The will left by the deceased becomes disputed
- The appointment of a specific executor of the estate gets challenged
- The executor is willing but is unsure of how to go about his or her duties
- Creditor debts are disputed or the executor is uncertain as to how they are to be paid
- The original petition to open probate is incorrectly done or not filed in a timely manner
- Deadlines for probate actions are not known or adhered to
- Uncertainty as to how to resolve issues that appear in probate hearings
- Disputes arise as to the distribution of the deceased assets
- An executor is out of state or out of the country and needs help in order to do their functions
As you can see, these and many other areas of difficulty can arise in administering an estate under probate. Allow our years of successful probate experience to serve you and your family.
Contact a Probate Attorney in Los Angeles
to assist in making probate a straightforward and successful process.